Don't wait... Life is too short

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Special gift - The Olivia Act

Along with so many others, I am still saddened by the events in Newtown CT this past week. That night I snuggled up with my boys much longer. My heart was just hurting for all of those parents who wouldn't be able to do that again. 

Today I learned through another Photographer about The Olivia Act. Here is her story.

"Last night I had heard about Ann Curry's Random Acts of Kindness. After that I just kept thinking "What would be something I could do?" Then this morning I had heard about The Olivia Act. It is named after one of the children killed in Newtown, Connecticut's tragedy and was started by a fellow photographer. Olivia’s family had family pictures taken a short time before she was killed. Those pictures are precious and now priceless to them. Upon hearing this, the photographer was moved to give away a 30 minute family photo shoot and has challenged other photographers to do the same."

In honor of all those beautiful little babies and teachers who lost their lives, Photography by Alexandra Delatorre will be offering a 1 hour family session and all of the digital files to a family who hasn't had the resources to have good, professional photos captured of their family.

Now through January 1st, I will be taking nominations for this gift - if you or someone you know is this family, please drop me an email Photobyad@att.net. Don't post it here - any nominations received will be kept 100% confidential. I will select one family and let them know via email by January 15, 2013 that they were selected for a session to take place in 2013. Please share this so that anyone who may benefit from this gift, knows about it. Thank you!


If you are a photographer, I encourage you to join me and so many others. 
I included the link to their Facebook page. There is lost of information available. Thank you : ) 



PS: When nominating a family, please include their names, address, email address and phone number. Thank you so very much. 

No comments: